Trump supporters have no shortage of opinions. This is how you trump them. (See what I did there? )
If you frequent the social media interwebs, you will most surely come across a Trump supporter who will say some stupid sh*t. Research shows that 98.674% of everything Trump supporters say on social media is utter garbage and easily refutable.
Using my patent-pending process, I’m gonna show you how to quickly and handily defeat any of them in a debate on social media.
Open a new window or tab in your browser and then Google the topic raised by the Trump supporter. (Bing or Yahoo will do as well.)
Select any of the 1–5 top search results from any source that every other reasonable, rational, and otherwise intelligent person on the planet would trust.
Read said topic(s). (This is the secret sauce to my strategy. The actual reading part. Throws them off every time.)
Return to the conversation on social media, recount your findings, and provide links.
Wait for one of the following:
- Sound of crickets. 46.33% of the time
- Ad hominem attack. 24.67% of the time
- “Whataboutism” 34.58% of the time (e.g. what about Obama this, what about Hilary’s emails that, etc.)
- Stupid, non-sensical meme. 45.19% of the time
- Rational, reasoned, well thought-out, researched, and civil or courteous reply. (You so crazy! Get the fook out of here with that nonsense!)
I would be remiss if I did not tell you that despite this fool-proof strategy, your efforts will most likely be futile because debating with a Trump supporter is like debating a flat-earther. But, I understand that urge and so if you fall into such a futile endeavor, I hope this helps.
Originally published at Dungeons ’n’ Durags.